with Blackberry Compote (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious. Full of antioxidants!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 10 -12
- 1½ cups of Blue Zone Purple (Pujagua) Corn Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Blue Zone Honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg or cardamom (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or unsalted butter if not dairy free, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blackberries halved
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Blue Zone Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the Blackberry Compote:
Place blackberries, lemon juice, honey, and vanilla extract in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until the blackberries have broken down to desired consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain compote and serve. * Store remaining blackberry compote in an airtight container
To make the Pancakes:
- In a medium bowl, whisk corn flour, baking powder, salt, honey, and cinnamon together. Add the almond milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract. Whisk until batter is smooth. If batters seems too thin, add a little corn flour. If too thick, add a little extra almond milk. * For extra fluffy pancakes separate the egg white and yolks (mix the yolks with the milk). Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Then gently fold in the batter mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, and again as needed. Make a small test pancake before using the rest of the batter. Fill a ¼ measuring cup slightly less than full, pour batter onto skillet and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles appear and the bottom has browned. Flip and cook again until bottom has slightly browned. Remove cooked pancakes and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with blackberry compote.